Date: 11/11/17 12:32 pm
From: <rlshonkw...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET JxP, Saturday, 11 November: Canvasback
I joined Pat Durkin and the Audubon group to bird Jackson Park today covering Wooded Island/Bobolink Meadow and the outer harbor. There weren't many land birds but there were enough birds in the harbor to make it worthwhile.
I thought last Tuesday was slow for land birds but today beat it! The only thing close to a highlight was a heard only MONK PARAKEET (I had a flock of ~15-20 Tuesday). The outer harbor was a bit more interesting with 4 new species for the season than I had on Tuesday. Best was a male CANVASBACK. Two pairs of REDHEADS, a female COMMON GOLDENEYE and a HORNED GREBE were new. I had both LESSER and GREATER SCAUP and BUFFLEHEADS Tuesday but there were a lot more today. Here is my full list:

Canada Goose: WI/BM (165), OH (23)
Mallard: WI/BM (7), OH (3)
Canvasback: OH (1)
Redhead: OH (4)