Date: 11/11/17 12:18 pm
From: marimammoser <marimammoser...>
Subject: [cobirds] Swamp Sparrow, Running Deer NA, Fort Collins
Today at 12:00, I had an adult Swamp Sparrow in the marsh at Running Deer
Natural Area. To get to the spot, take the dirt roadway going straight
south
from the gate at the bathroom. Marsh is on the right (west).Take this
roadway
to the south end of the marsh and keep on the split to the right that goes
around
the marsh. At the southwest corner of the marsh is a waterway the goes
under
the roadway towards Cottonwood Hollow. Stay focused on the marsh. About
100 feet from this waterway is a group of bare trees/shrubs out in the
cattails.
The Sparrow was seen from the waterway to the closest group of bare
trees/shrubs. It was not initially chipping, but responded to my spishing
and
came up to the top of the cattails to investigate. After about 2-3 minutes,
it went
back down and did not come up again.

Joe Mammoser
Fort Collins