Date: 11/11/17 11:33 am
From: Jason Forbes <jason...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] HAMMOND’S FLYCATCHER, Hanscom
I found a Hammond’s Flycatcher this morning on the Massport Trails at
Hanscom (Concord/Bedford line). From the gate off Rt. 62 (about
opposite Wheeler Dr), follow the trail down past the large grassy
field. A barely paved trail heads off to the right just after there,
the bird was in a small clearing on the left just before the trail
bends right. About an hour after I found it, Simon Perkins watched it
fly out of the clearing into the big field below. We followed it as it
moved along the trees in the middle of the field but then lost it.

See https://flic.kr/p/ZjPrLW for a map of where it was in relation to
the gate off Rt. 62. Note that there’s only room for at most 3-4 cars
at the pulloff at the gate, but there’s a parking lot about 1/4 mile
down the road with a bit more room.

Given the way it left a really good protected, sunny spot and moved
southwest along the field, I suspect it may have kept going. Hopefully
I’ll be proved wrong, but as of at least 12:30, I’m not aware of any
further sightings.

Lots of photos in my ebird report:
https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40446963

Jason