Date: 11/11/17 9:27 am
From: James Holmes <jfholmes...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: [ALBIRDS] Randolph County Saturday
I birded Randolph County (Roanoke Sewage Ponds) this morning. I added two species to the Randolph County eBIrd list (Dunlin and Sedge Wren). Also, ducks are starting to arrive (Gadwall, Ring-necked Duck, Lesser Scaup, Bufflehead and Hooded Merganser plus continuing Blue-winged Teal).

I have previously discussed with workers at the site and we have permission to bird this site to "do bird surveys for eBird." If you go, I would strongly recommend parking outside the gate and walking in. The gate is usually locked but open when workers are present. They close and lock it when they leave and you would not want to accidentally get locked in. Please be on good behavior if visiting this site.

Thanks

Jim Holmes
Currently in Auburn

Join us on Facebook!