Date: 11/11/17 8:39 am
From: Mary Kimberly <mmkimberly1954...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Atlanta Audubon field trip report: Constitution Lakes
Gavin MacDonald and I were joined by 12 other birders for a field trip at
Constitution Lakes in DeKalb County this morning. It was a cool and breezy
morning with clear skies. Birds were patchy, but we had about 3 little hot
spots where we had good views of several species all at once. We had a
small group of Rusty Blackbirds in with some American Robins at the end of
the boardwalk that leads from the observation deck to the Dolls Head Trail.
Most of the group got good looks at some Hermit Thrushes.

The full checklist is copied below. Notable misses were Great Blue Heron,
Wood Duck, and Yellow-bellied Sapsucker. I would have expected more
Yellow-rumped Warblers, too. But the Rusty Blackbirds were a pleasant
surprise.

--
Mary Kimberly
DeKalb County

Constitution Lakes, DeKalb, Georgia, US
Nov 11, 2017 7:36 AM - 10:37 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: Atlanta Audubon field trip led by Mary Kimberly and Gavin
MacDonald.
24 species

Canada Goose 40
Mallard (Northern) 4
Turkey Vulture 1
Belted Kingfisher 1 Heard only
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker (Eastern) 4
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 3
Eastern Phoebe 3
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 4
Carolina Chickadee 15
Tufted Titmouse 8
White-breasted Nuthatch (Eastern) 1 Heard only
Carolina Wren 5
Golden-crowned Kinglet 6
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 8
Hermit Thrush 3