Date: 11/11/17 8:10 am
From: SequoiaAudubon Society <sequoia_audubon_society...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] SAS: SM Co Coastline; Fri Nov 17; 8am - Noon; RSVP; Parking fee

Exploring our San Mateo County Coastline - RSVP - parking fee

Friday, November 17, 8:00am - 12:00pm November is a wonderful time to be on the coastside! The combination of shoreline and blufftop habitats afford a unique and rich opportunity to view a large number of  species of birds including waterfowl, loons and grebes, cormorants, herons, raptors, shorebirds, gulls, wood-warblers, sparrows and more. We will start our day at Venice Beach/Pilarcitos Creek mouth checking out the gull flock then walk a short distance north through the Sweetwood group camp to Dunes Beach. From there we will caravan by car to San Gregorio SB, Pomponio SB, Pescadero SB and will end up at Gazos Creek coastal access. At each stop we will check the gull flocks and shoreline then hike short distances to vista points to overlook and scope out over the ocean.  Please confirm if you intend to attend this field trip as predictions of heavy rain will cancel. Directions: Meet in the Venice Beach parking lot near the restrooms. The large parking area is at the west end of Venice Boulevard which turns off Highway 1 just north of downtown Half Moon Bay. Unless you possess an annual State Parks pass, you must pay a fee for day-use beach access. Your receipt/envelope stub will allow you to visit all State Beaches that day.  Leaders: Malia DeFelice and Chris Hayward. Contact:  <malia.defelice.sas...> to  RSVP or 650-346-2009 (call if you are running late or lost). Heavy rain cancels.

View this field trip on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/2392840967607971/
Learn more & join us at:
www.sequoia-audubon.org
www.facebook.com/SequoiaAudubon

SAS is currently seeking volunteers; for info:
http://www.sequoia-audubon.org/volunteer.html

Join us on Facebook!