Date: 11/11/17 7:30 am
From: <mcvetas...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Brief Gillson Lake Watch, 11-Nov
I had 90 minutes to kill between my son's swim team practice drop off and pick up times, so I decided to do a lakewatch at Gillson in Willmette, Cook. The winds are from the south. Not many ducks were moving apart from Red-breasted Mergansers. Nevertheless, I had a nice little loon flight. My lakewatch ended at 8:30AM with a juvenile Red-throated Loon fishing in the surf close to the main beach by the concession stand.

13 species (+2 other taxa)
10 Greater/Lesser Scaup
1 Surf/Black Scoter
1 Long-tailed Duck