Date: 11/10/17 7:03 pm
From: Timothy Steeves <timothydsteeves...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Do crows mob gulls?
Off the topic, but I saw a crow in my yard today pick up a scrub jay
feather and continuosly call while holding it in its beak and repatedly
placing it on the ground to draw attention. The other crow near by paid no
attention, but I was fascinated by what the crow with the feather was
trying to convey. I know crows are very protective of their own, but why
would a crow display this kind of behavior over a scrub jay feather? Any
thoughts?
Tim
On Nov 9, 2017 9:50 AM, "Nathaniel Wander" <nw105...> wrote:

> Do crows mob gulls? About 4pm yesterday, there were at least two dozen
> crows calling vigorously from the roofs of my apartment building and/or the
> air space above them. Search as I would, I couldn't find a raptor but two
> Glaucous-winged kept circling above.
>
> Nathaniel Wander
> Portland, OR
>
> *Max Planck* is supposed to have said:
> A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and
> making them see the light, but rather because its opponents
> eventually die
> and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
> *Andreas Wagner* observed of Planck's remark:
> Science, like nature, advances one funeral at a time. (*Arrival of the
> Fittest*, p.197)

Join us on Facebook!