Date: 11/10/17 6:37 pm
From: 'Mark Peterson' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Park county highlights
COBirders,
Glenn Walbek and I headed up to Park county today to do a bit of birding.  We got a bit of a late start (my fault), so only focused on the three large bodies of water.  It was supposed to be clam for the first half of the day and as we arrived the water was like glass, ten minutes later...not so much.  We did see a high temperature of 57 degrees which made the wind not so bad.

Here are the highlights from each:
Antero reservoir:
4 Tundra Swans (or so they appeared to be, very distant)3 Surf Scoters1 Black Scoter2 Pacific Loons2 Common Loons
5 Bonaparte's Gulls
Spinney Mountain reservoir:
Lighting and wind made this location very hard to bird so we probably missed things that we just could not see.  We only had one real highlight here.1 Glaucous-winged Gull (1st cycle)
Elevenmile reservoir:11 Surf Scoters, including an adult male of off Howbert Point.
6 White-winged Scoters
1 Long-tailed Duck2 Pacific Loons9 Common Loons5 Bonaparte's Gulls1 Iceland Gull (1st cycle, Thayer's)1 Lesser Black-backed Gull (adult)3 Lapland Longspurs
I should also mention that we stopped at Lake George on the way up and had a single SWAMP SPARROW.

-----Mark Peterson
Colorado Springs