Date: 11/10/17 5:46 pm
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Fox Sparrow & Hermit Thrush - deKoevend (Arapahoe)
I took my dog on a brief walk before sunset at deKoevend Park in Centennial
(Arapahoe) this evening (11/10). We spotted the Fox Sparrow on our second
pass of the feeders at the southwesternish edge of the park. On the way
out, we also spotted a Hermit Thrush, foraging, recklessly, out in the open
of the dry canal, under the gaze of a screech owl. I thought I'd spotted
this bird on my last trip through the park (11/8), but the sighting was too
brief and bad to report. Last year, a Hermit Thrush likely spent the winter
at deKoevend; I had sightings of one there in October, November, January,
and March. We'll see if this one lasts.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO