Date: 11/10/17 5:08 pm
From: Drew Whitelegg <drewwhitelegg1...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Turkey Vultures!
Hi all,
One of my fifth graders and I stood at recess today at the International
Community School in Decatur (DeKalb) and counted 233 Turkey Vultures as
they made their way south. They were strung out in groups, kettling every
now and then, but all heading in one direction. Quite a sight.

Could anyone tell me if these were likely migrants heading to warmer
climates? If so, how far would they be going? I don't know much about
vulture movements. I'd like to be able to tell my students some more
concrete information as they are very keen to know about these things.

(I checked carefully for any aberrant species within the groups but
couldn't see any).

Thanks
Drew Whitelegg
DeKalb Co.