Date: 11/10/17 5:09 pm
From: Bill Lisowsky <ykswosil...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Santa Gertudis Lane - THREE Rufous-backed Robins
For some time, a number of folks have suspected that there were more than
two RBRobins at SGL. Today at 230pm, our birding group of four definitively
saw three Rufous-backed Robins at the same time, in the now-regular
pyracantha spot across from #12.

Our travels today also took us to Florida Canyon this morning where we did
find a Rufous-capped Warbler above the dam, but overall the silence there
was deafening. We had very few birds and only one sparrow the whole time we
were there. Is it because there is very little water in the creek?

Madera Canyon was as busy as you would expect for a beautiful fall holiday
weekend, but we also spent a bit of time at the parking/picnic area at the
Mt. Wrightson Trailhead, and staying close to the creek for .2 of a mile or
so, we managed to find a nice group of birds, including 8 Cassin's Finches,
a Townsend's Solitaire and an Olive Warbler.

Bill Lisowsky
Tubac, AZ