Date: 11/10/17 4:16 pm
From: stuarthealy <stuarthealy...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ 11/10/17: Huachuca Canyon - 2 Sinaloa Wrens
Huachuca Canyon, Friday, November 10 , 2017.

I stumbled into 2 SINALOA WRENS in the canyon today. I was returning from a shady and cold
1.7mi picnic area and stopped at the first place along the road that had sun. Location was approximately
1.5 miles from the canyon entrance (there is a road on the west side of the canyon at this location).
Time was around 9:15am.

The wrens were in one of a number of brush piles on the east side of the canyon. Note that
several Bewick's Wrens were also present. I was some distance from the birds, but got the
impression they were juveniles.

Lots of RED-NAPED SAPSUCKERS and other woodpeckers near the original Sinaloa Wren
stakeout spot near the bridge.

Mileage note:
The "1.7 mile" picnic area is actually close to 2 miles from the canyon entrance. This is because
the "0 mile" reference point (used by runners) is a short distance into the canyon from the entrance.

Stuart

Stuart Healy

Sierra Vista, AZ.

Forgotten, but not gone