Date: 11/10/17 3:13 pm
From: Brandon <flammowl17...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pueblo birds 11/10 (30 Common Loons, Rusty Blackbirds, etc.)
Hi all,

My friends Riley and Heather Morris came down to bird with me today,
around Pueblo. We started in Pueblo City Park, finding the usual
things, though there were more then normal number of Pygmy Nuthatches
in there, at least 25 probably. We also saw a Golden-crowned Kinglet,
a few Yellow-rumped Warblers, Red-breasted Nuthatches, Brown Creepers,
Mountain Chickadees, Townsend's Solitaires, among other birds. At the
South Shore Marina at Pueblo Reservoir, we saw the adult Great
Black-backed Gull, two Lesser Black-backed Gulls, Red-breasted
Merganser sitting on the tires, and the first Common Loons of the day.

Below the dam, we walked the Osprey Picnic Area, and were rewarded
with two Rusty Blackbirds along the Arkansas River, among a nice flock
of Ruby-crowned Kinglets and Chickadees of both species.

At Pueblo Reservoir on the North side, in big rocks, close to the dam,
there were lots of Canyon Towhees, and a Lincoln's Sparrow. Lots of
birds off Sailboard launching area, including Common Loons. At West
Fishing Road at Pueblo Reservoir, there were around 25 Common Loons,
Bonaparte's Gulls, as well as low flyover calling Lapland Longspur.
We believe there were around 30 Common Loons on Pueblo Reservoir
today, probably the 2nd highest total, I've seen out there in one day.
It was cold and not the best viewing conditions at Pueblo Reservoir
today, though it was quite birdy out there.

I likely won't be out there tomorrow (unless it is early or late),
playoff football in Pueblo West tomorrow afternoon (first time in 5
years)!

--
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO