Date: 11/10/17 3:08 pm
From: Jane Frazier <00000046582e7231-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: (no subject)

First of all, let me say I haven't done the Rio Grande and that is my first pick for down south in winter based on what I've heard. If you also get a chance to swing by the Texas Gulf beaches you may get many of the birds I saw 5 years ago on the Mississippi beaches. These birds are so easy to get and are often in places where you can easily walk up to them and get good photos. My notes from the MS beaches (Long Beach, Pass Christian, Bay St. Louis) in December include Ruddy Turnstones, Willets, Short Billed Dowitchers, American Oystercatcher, Sanderlings, Dunlin (a large "fling" as I recall), various gulls, red breasted mergansers, black skimmers, loons, horned grebes, royal and forster's terns, snowy egrets. And just off the beach brown headed nuthatch, white ibises, loggerhead shrikes, American pipits. etc. Again, on the beach they are just so easy, so maybe on the way back you could swing by one.

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City
<janefraz3...>

mailto:<mobirds-l-request...>