Date: 11/10/17 2:47 pm
From: Steven Wilson <scwilso35...>
Subject: Nicholas, Braxton, and Webster County Waterfowl
Because of the cold snap and fallouts the last couple of days I decided to make a day looking for waterfowl and other birds. I visited the usual spots near Summersville and also ventured into Braxton and Webster Counties. Highlights below.

Summersville Dam:

I've been able to find a nice diversity of birds here over the last week. This morning there were some waterfowl hunters on the opposite shoreline that I'm sure flushed some birds before I arrived.

Ring-necked Duck 3
Bufflehead 3
Red-breasted Merganser 1

Summersville Lake Marina:

Ring-necked Duck 3

Nicholas County Veterans Memorial Park:

Canada Goose 95
Mallard 3
Green-winged Teal 1
Killdeer 26

Muddlety Valley Road:

Wood Duck 5
Gadwall 9
American Wigeon 1
Mallard 24
American Black Duck 1
Green-winged Teal 2
Bufflehead 11
Hooded Merganser 8
Pied-billed Grebe 1
American Coot 2

Sutton Lake - South Abutment (Braxton County):

Gadwall 15
American Wigeon 3
Green-winged Teal 1
Ring-necked Duck 7
Bufflehead 9
Hooded Merganser 8

Sutton Lake - Bee Run Recreation Area (Braxton County):

Canada Goose 12
Gadwall 15
American Wigeon 3
Hooded Merganser 4
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Double-crested Cormorant 1

Burnsville Lake Dam and Tailwaters (Braxton County):

Canada Goose 17
Bufflehead 20
Hooded Merganser 1
Pied-billed Grebe 4