Date: 11/10/17 2:32 pm
From: Alan Schmierer <aaschmierer...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Patagonia Lake: Red-breasted Merganser, Merlin and Golden-crowned Kinglet. Botteri's & Cassin's Sparrows on Lado de Loma.
This morning on the park-sponsored Friday bird walk led by John Hughes there were unofficially 49 species seen, including RED-BREASTED MERGANSER (east end on lake and in creek), MERLIN (hunting over the east end cove) and a female GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLET. The later was with many R-C Kinglets, Titmice and warblers a few hundred yards up the creek from where the creek begins to narrow with banking on the right (south). I find only 2 prior records for this species at Patagonia Lake; in 1999 and in 2003.

Ebird report with photos at: (anyone on the walk who wants a shared report, please send me your email.)
Before the walk several of us looked briefly for BOTTERIS SPARROWS in the housing area before the park (on Lado de Loma). We found one, along with 2 CASSIN'S SPARROWS . One photo has both in the same frame on the fence for comparison. Ebird report with pics at: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40424440?share=true

Thanks to John for leading the walk.

Alan SchmiererPO Box 626
Patagonia, AZ  85624
805-801-3701 (cell)