Date: 11/10/17 12:33 pm
From: Jan Johnson <janbirder...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Dakota County

I made a quick trip to Kramper Lake to check on Joel’s sightings yesterday. The Loon was an easy find on the main Lake. Never found the Eared Grebe. I had pretty much given up on the White-winged Scoter. Not on the main Lake nor either of the of the smaller lakes/ponds. Lots of ducks, hooded mergansers, mallards, Scaup, ring-necked, green-winged teal on the larger pond just east of the main entrance. On my return I checked it for a second time and still the same. Then a pickup drive by and scared the Scoter from along the bank right across from where I’d parked. Great looks. And a new County bird for me. One I’ve been waiting for with the first water deep enough for them to be.

Jan Johnson
Wakefield

Posted by: Jan Johnson <janbirder...>

<*> Your email settings: