Date: 11/10/17 11:17 am
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Lake Sunapee arrivals... FINALLY
So far this fall, Lake Sunapee has had absolutely zero migrating ducks and other water birds (with the exception of a few Bonaparte's Gulls a couple of weeks ago). Thankfully it looks like that trend may be coming to a close. On Wednesday I had a single BLACK SCOTER hen inside Herrick Cove along the New London shoreline. Today I was working at a residence formally known as Seminole Point in Sunapee. At one time it was a rehabilitation center, but now is privately owned. Off shore in the late morning I found a single hen RED-BREASTED MERGANSER. I'm curious about this bird as I've had a single hen that has hung out around his property during migration for the last three years. Very tough to say if it's the same bird or not, but it's starting to become so regular that even a non-birder coworker of mine joked about if we'd see it again a few weeks ago.
https://flic.kr/p/DeNuMm

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone