Date: 11/9/17 7:29 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Reminder For The Folks Going On The Illinois Beach Permit Area Walks On 11-11 & 11-19
Steve B has already mentioned this in his post about signing up for
these walks but it needs repeating. On 11-5 I scouted parts of the
dune/swale area & found that a good part of it has standing water.
It's not deep enough to be a problem as to entry but it will mean
possible wet feet & with the temps supposed to be in the 20's at
starting time wet feet will NOT be pleasant!

So choose your footwear carefully. Best would be tall Wellington boots
which will get you through all areas but regular boots will be good
enough as long as they are waterproof. If you have no waterproof boots
of any kind then it will be a good idea to bring extra boots/shoes to
change into when you get back to the car. This is not a show stopper
as we can always detour around wet spots or at least we always have
been able to do so in the past.

See you on the walks!

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>