Date: 11/9/17 6:52 pm
From: John Kamerud <jqkamerud...>
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Last November I attended the Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival in Harlingen, Texas. This was a fantastic opportunity, first because of the great diversity of species in that area. Second, because each day of the festival offered a choice of several different field trips, led by local experts. I picked up many "lifers" that week.

You might try investigating bird festivals in the south this winter. I know there are several offered in Arizona and Florida, for example. They can be pricey, but probably less than hiring a guide.

John Kamerud
Lake St Louis

On November 9, 2017, at 7:37 PM, Jon & Nancy Rapp <jrapp...> wrote:

We are considering a winter birding trip to Texas or the south. Is that worthwhile? Any recommendations? We aren't very good birders, should we use a guide or can we do well enough on our own? THANKS! Jon and Nancy Rapp, Columbia, MO

Archives<https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options<https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website<http://mobirds.org> / Email the list owners<mailto:<mobirds-l-request...>

ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock Details and Online Registration<http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html