Date: 11/9/17 6:25 pm
From: <busyday...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Dockweiler Black Scoters
Birders,

Thurs 9 Nov

The Surf Scoter flock that has been seen recently near lifeguard station #49 was farther up the beach this morning, beyond lifeguard #44, opposite Playa del Rey. There are now four female-type Black Scoters in the flock.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/24427365668
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/24427310468
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/38266478262

I didn't see the White-winged Scoter this morning but might have picked it up in one of my photos of the flock?:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/26522975269

Interesting was a seagoing Redhead in the mix.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/26522924499
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rbarth/38266092862

Richard Barth
West Hollywood

Listowners: mailto:<LACoBirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<LACoBirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<LACoBirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)