Date: 11/9/17 5:21 pm
From: Clem Klaphake <ckavian...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Re: Snow Geese
Jan,
We had 5000+ Snow Geese fly extremely high over the Hitchcock
HawkWatch today. Many of the flocks were so high
that had we not been looking up we never would have known they were
flying over. 20 years ago and before that, many of
these flocks would have stopped at DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge near
Blair, NE. and Missouri Valley, Iowa.
However, they now fly over without stopping and are likely
heading to Squaw Creek Wildlife Refuge in Missouri or further south.
Clem Klaphake
Bellevue, NE

On 11/9/2017 3:51 PM, Jan Johnson <janbirder...> [NEBirds] wrote:

> When I was out walking about 1 today I heard some but could not locate
> them. They must have been high. I thought early, too.
>
> Jan Johnson

Join us on Facebook!