Date: 11/9/17 5:07 pm
From: A JOHN SOLODAR <solodar...>
Subject: Re: (no subject)
A guide is highly recommended for new or inexperienced birders. You will see much more that way.

I have had success finding local guides by looking at the website of Audubon Societies in cities of interest. This worked very well for me in Tucson a few years back. If the website does not list any local guides, try calling the society’s phone number and ask for help. Or Google birding guides in “city”. This brings up a good link in Miami.

A better option may be the website birdingpal.org. This brings you into contact with volunteer birders who have put their names on the list.

John

John Solodar
<solodar...>

The older I get the better I was.

> On Nov 9, 2017, at 6:37 PM, Jon & Nancy Rapp <jrapp...> wrote:
>
> We are considering a winter birding trip to Texas or the south. Is that worthwhile? Any recommendations? We aren't very good birders, should we use a guide or can we do well enough on our own? THANKS! Jon and Nancy Rapp, Columbia, MO

> Archives <https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html> / Subscription options <https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1> / ASM Website <http://mobirds.org/> / Email the list owners <mailto:<mobirds-l-request...>

> ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock Details and Online Registration <http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html