Date: 11/9/17 4:08 pm
From: 'Hugh Kingery' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Franktown geese, Douglas

The two Franktown gravel pits (Walker & McClain) have attracted a large number of geese over the past 3-4 days. They move around, apparently going out to feed in late afternoon (and maybe in the morning before we show up). Yesterday around noon we counted over 1000 geese (mostly Cackling, we think); ditto the day before. I saw only 200-300 at 4-4:30 pm this afternoon -- and many of them lifted off to go somewhere, including one farm field barely visible from Highway 86 west of the traffic light.

A smattering of ducks, including, yesterday, 4 Red-breasted Mergansers and our first of the year Common Goldeneyes, on Walker.

Hugh & Urling Kingery
Franktown, CO