Date: 11/9/17 1:48 pm
From: Bob Schutsky <info...>
Subject: Lower Susquehanna River, Lancaster County
Dear PABirders,

I took a walk along the Susquehanna this afternoon, 3-4pm.

On the water I saw:
Bufflehead - 3
Lesser Scaup - 1
Common Goldeneye - 1
Redhead - 1

Migrating downriver were two flocks of Tundra Swans, 65 and 55.

Could be lots of interesting birds with the approaching front, strong
winds, and cold weather.
The following message is on today's Maryland and Harford County, MD
listservs:

Harford- Snowy Owl at Tydings Marina, Havre de Grace, MD

I saw and photographed a Snowy Owl at 12:05 PM today, Nov 9th, on the
island across from Tydings Marina in Havre de Grace. The bird was found
by boaters at the marina and reported to a HdG Facebook group. The
boaters said the bird had been there for much of the morning. (These
boaters were working on their boats in the marina, not sailing too close
to the bird. I saw no boats doing that while I was there. Everyone kept
a respectful distance.) It was on a log opposite Pier 2. The bird flew
off to the west shortly after I saw it. It initially landed on the grass
at the apartment complex toward the west, and was still visible with
binocs. After a few minutes it flew farther away. I drove over but could
not relocate it. The owl had the black and white markings of a first
year bird.
I forget if photos are allowed in these group emails. I can forward a
picture if anyone wants to see it. It's also posted on the MDBirding, MD
Notable Bird Sightings, and the Harford Bird Club Facebook pages.
Monroe Harden
Havre de Grace, MD
<hardenm...>
NOTE: Havre de Grace is approximately 12-13 miles south of the PA-MD
border, where the Susquehanna empties into the Chesapeake Bay!

Take care,
BOB

BOB SCHUTSKY
Web Site www.birdtreks.com
--
BIRD TREKS--Quality Worldwide Birding Tours
216 Spring Lane

Join us on Facebook!