Date: 11/9/17 12:57 pm
From: Susan Elliott <00000032e9152660-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Desperately seeking Barrow's Goldeneye
Larry and others,
No, the park won't open its gates for cars until next spring. There is a second way in, If you drive further south on Black Pond Road, there is a information kiosk on the left and a trail goes into the park from there. It's fairly level and short. HOWEVER, the last windstorm brought down several trees across the trail that require either some climbing over or circumnavigating. It's likely those won't be cleared until spring when the park re-opens
Sue
On Thursday, November 9, 2017, 3:53:18 PM EST, Larry and Mona Rogers <4181rogers...> wrote:

We drove down to Half Moon State Park yesterday afternoon to try to find the Barrow's Goldeneye reported by Sue and Marv.  When we got to the park entrance, it was barred and locked.  It’s a long walk downhill from the entrance to the pond and (I’m quite sure) an even longer one back uphill to where we could have left our car.  We didn’t bother.  Is the park open for cars at all this time of year?

Larry and Mona

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join us on Facebook!