Date: 11/9/17 10:44 am
From: Richard Gregg <greggra...>
Subject: Marmet Locks: Ring-necked Pheasant
Bird of note:
Marmet Locks.
09:14, Nov. 9, 2017.
Ring-necked Pheasant, male.
Continuing sighting.

The gentleman who pointed out where it was hiding also told me he has seen a female with it. He first saw it yesterday, Nov. 8th. To the best of my memory, (I’m old), this is what he relayed. “The male goes on top of a dirt pile, hops up and makes a sound like a crow. He digs and scatters rocks. He’ll go to the top of every little mound to do that and sometimes the female comes out. Sit here for a little bit and he’ll be back out”

I saw the male at 09:14 while we were still talking but never did see the female. A week or so ago, I thought I saw one but didn’t report it since I wasn’t sure. Today, I saw the (a?) male three times over a two hour period of being in the area.

Rick Gregg,
Kanawha Co., WV.

Join us on Facebook!