Date: 11/9/17 10:36 am
From: hardenm55 <hardenm55...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Harford- Snowy Owl at Tydings Marina, Havre de Grace
Hi everyone,

I am cross posting this to MDBirding and the Harford club list.

I saw and photographed a Snowy Owl at 12:05 PM today, Nov 9th, on the
island across from Tydings Marina in Havre de Grace. The bird was found by
boaters at the marina and reported to a HdG Facebook group. The boaters
said the bird had been there for much of the morning. (These boaters were
working on their boats in the marina, not sailing too close to the bird. I
saw no boats doing that while I was there. Everyone kept a respectful
distance.) It was on a log opposite Pier 2. The bird flew off to the west
shortly after I saw it. It initially landed on the grass at the apartment
complex toward the west, and was still visible with binos. After a few
minutes it flew farther away. I drove over but could not relocate it. The
owl had the black and white markings of a first year bird.

I forget if photos are allowed in these group emails. I can forward a
picture if anyone wants to see it. It's also posted on the MDBirding, MD
Notable Bird Sightings, and the Harford Bird Club facebook pages.

Monroe Harden
Havre de Grace, MD
<hardenm...>