Date: 11/9/17 8:01 am
From: Don Gorney <in-bird-l...>
Subject: Re: [IN-BIRD-L] Wood Stork record from 1998
Jeff,
Congrats if you saw this bird; I missed it on Oct 30. Bird found by Ken Brock and Lynea Hinchman on October 28, 1998. Also seen on October 29. National Lakeshore personnel said the bird had been present a few days prior to October 28.
The location was 375E just north of US 20. Here is an URL for the location: https://goo.gl/maps/64h3cCuveA22
Here are written directions from Lynea's IN-Bird post (IN-Bird began the month before the stork sighting):
To find the bird, take US Hwy 20 east from Indiana 49 to County Road 375 East. This is a small road that runs north immediately adjacent to Smokey's Bar-b-que. Drive approx. 1/4 mile and watch the west side of the road. There is a small wetland area. The bird was last seen perched in the back of this area high in some trees. It flew up from nearby the road when we first arrived.

 Don Gorney
Indianapolis, IN
317.501.4212
dongorney AT yahoo.com