Date: 11/9/17 7:17 am
From: Zack Mikalonis <z.mikalon...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Ano Nuevo prescribed burn--shrikes
Yesterday, Nov 8th, mid-morning, I stopped to check out the prescribed burn
being tended in the north end of Ano Nuevo State Park. This area is
accessible from pull-outs from Hwy 1, not from the main park entrance.

Many flocks of western meadowlarks were foraging on the burnt prairie, as
well as many white-tailed kites, a few northern harriers, red-tails, and
one red-shouldered was seen buzzing through.

As well as a says phoebe flycatching over the burnt land, multiple
LOGGERHEAD SHRIKES were present, with a high count of three individuals in
one scan.

Viewing POST conservation farmland from the road, just south of Pigeon
Point, I noted another loggerhead shrike.

Cheers,
Zack

Join us on Facebook!