Date: 11/9/17 6:32 am
From: <flyingcarlini...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Wachiska Audubon field trips - Pioneer's Park Sat. 11/11, 9-Mile Prairie Sun. 11/12
Join Esa Jarvi "beyond the back yard" for a weekend of tallgrass prairie exploration at the edge of Lincoln. Esa will guide field trips at both Pioneer's Park and Nine-Mile Prairie on our search to see what birds might be calling the prairies home as the season transitions. As in the previous two November outings, we will be birding close to home and you will not need a park sticker. Bring binoculars if you have them. We will also have a few pairs of binoculars to lend. Both events are free and open to the public.

Saturday 9:00 a.m. November 11
Meet at the parking lot of Pioneer's Park Nature Center which is located southwest of W. Van Dorn and S. Coddington Streets. We'll look for sparrows on our walk as well as blackbirds and waterfowl that could be present. Our route will follow maintained trails but if there's rain prior, some areas could possibly be damp.

Sunday 10:00 a.m. November 12

Meet at the gravel parking lot for Nine-Mile Prairie located at the west end of W. Fletcher Avenue which runs west from NW 48th Street. This second prairie outing will give us another chance to search for grassland residents and sparrows along the woodland edges. The prairie has trails and we will try to avoid wet spots if there are any. There are no facilities on the prairie, however a gas station is nearby off of NW 48th Street.

-John Carlini, Lincoln

Join us on Facebook!