Date: 11/9/17 4:17 am
From: Beth Goldberg <goldbug310...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Upcoming Bergen County Audubon Meeting
Join us on Wednesday, November 15 as we explore " Birdsong: Nature’s
Chorus" with Gabriel Willow.

Possibly one of the most delightful behaviors birds have evolved is their
ability to sing. Bird songs have inspired poets and musicians for
millennia, and may be the source behind our own song and music. As any
serious birder knows, learning birdsong is also essential to locating and
identifying birds; many species are much easier to hear than to see. In
this program, naturalist and educator Gabriel Willow will explore the world
of birdsong, the morphology and biology behind it, and how to identify some
of the more common songs in our area. Gabriel Willow is and Educator and
Urban Naturalist with a particular passion for birds. He has a background
in Human Ecology and Conservation Biology. He leads tours and teaches
classes for NYC Audubon, Wave Hill, and others, and was the Senior
Naturalist at the Prospect Park Audubon Center in Brooklyn for several
years. He co-created an innovative interactive citizen science program &
app called The WildLab. All programs are free and open to the public.
Business Meeting at 7:30pm. Programs begin at 8pm and held at Teaneck Creek
Conservancy, 20 Puffin Way, Teaneck.

Beth Goldberg

Fair Lawn

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>