Date: 11/8/17 6:05 pm
From: Stephen Johnson via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Tundra Swans today 08 Nov

During a fine bird walk today in Fauquier County today, we saw 2 groups of Tundra Swans both flying generally southward. The first was a line of 16. Later in the morning we were treated to a calling chevron of 180 birds, quite high up and really cool to see.

Todd Day said this is just about when he normally expects to see them coming through. So keep an eye (and an ear) on the sky!!

Other notables included a nice male Hooded Merg and a solitary Rusty Blackbird.

Thanks to Todd and Sue Garvin for a really nice walk today.

Steve Johnson
Fairfax, Virginia