Date: 11/8/17 6:09 pm
From: <malcolmgold...>
Subject: Perry Lake - Long-Tailed Ducks, Western Grebe, and Crossbills
This afternoon Kathy Carroll, Micky Louis, and myself checked around Perry Lake and enjoyed the calm warm weather. Our first scan of the flat water, Kathy picked out a Western Grebe north of the water control tower mixed in with a smattering of other waterfowl and gulls. We were soon after joined by Galen, when we tried 'unsuccessfully’ for the Townsend’s Solitaire but had four Red Crossbills flyover us at the western parking lot of the dam. We parted ways and scanned from multiple locations, but the surprise was after crossing paths with Galen back on the dam. From the western parking lot he spotted 17 Long-Tailed Ducks. To cap off the day we were successful with the Townsend’s Solitaire at dusk.

It was a beautiful day of good weather, a nice selection of birds, and good friends. Good Birding,

Malcolm Gold

(Overland Park, Johnson County, Kansas)

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to