Date: 11/8/17 5:50 pm
From: Nicholas Komar <quetzal65...>
Subject: [cobirds] Winter Wren (Larimer)
Folks, a very vocal Winter Wren was at Lee Martinez Park at midday (I found it on my lunch break). Others relocated it at the same spot later in the afternoon. So, it may be hanging around. It was along the creek just west of the Discovery Museum. I first saw it where the Poudre River Trail crosses the creek. This would be an ideal wintering location. If you do chase it, please consider not playing a tape as that could encourage it to move to a different winter territory. It responded well to spishing, and would have been quite photogenic if I had my camera with me. To hear it’s vocalization, listen to the sound file I attached to my eBird checklist at http://eBird.org/eBird/view/checklist/S40381191. The checklist also has a map link showing the general location of the park in Fort Collins. There was also a Yellow-rumped Warbler near the museum feeding station.

Nick Komar
Fort Collins Co