Date: 11/8/17 3:59 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] Feeder visits around Sisters
Thanks to 8 birders who allowed us to bird their yards, we had a fun day
despite the overcast sky and cold (high of 32 degrees) all day. Jake
Schaas, Gerkes, Carolyn Rochelle, Danny Swarts, Clay Crofton, AnnNora
Kruger, Kristen and John Tackmier and Jim and Sue Anderson all had their
feeders ready for the birds and birders. Although some recent celebrity
birds didn't show up today, we really enjoyed the big flock of Pinyon
Jays and 3 Varied Thrush with Clay and Marilyn, The mini Cal Quail and
multitude of Siskins at Anderson's, etc. See notes beside species if it
was only seen 1 or 2 locations. I believe Don Sutherland ebirded our
birds today.

This report was mailed for Judy Meredith by http://birdnotes.net
Mallard
California Quail
Cooper's Hawk, 1, Gerke home
Sharp-shinned Hawk, 1 Tackmier home
Red-tailed Hawk
Rock Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove
Anna's Hummingbird, one, Gerke home
Hairy Woodpecker, ! Rochelle home
Northern Flicker
Steller's Jay
Western Scrub-Jay
Pinyon Jay, near the churches along McKinney Butte, dozens
Clark's Nutcracker, overhead flock, Ken and AnnNora
Common Raven
Mountain Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
White-breasted Nuthatch, near Pinyon Jays
Pygmy Nuthatch
Brown Creeper, 1 Ann Nora and Ken, 1 Danny Swarts
Townsend's Solitaire
American Robin
Varied Thrush, 3, Clay
European Starling
Spotted Towhee, 1 Andersons
Fox Sparrow, 1 Ann Nora and Ken
Song Sparrow
Golden-crowned Sparrow, Clay and Andersons
Dark-eyed Junco
Red-winged Blackbird, flock near Jake
Brewer's Blackbird, Flock near Jake
House Finch
Pine Siskin, mult locations, most at Andersons
Lesser Goldfinch, 1, Clay Crofton and Marilyn
House Sparrow
Total number of species seen: 34
Birders: Don Sutherland, Clay Crofton, Annis Henson, Susan Groszkiewicz,
Jan Rising, Sue Bertsch, Mike Golden, Sherrie Pierce, Mary Oppenheimer
and Howard Horvath, Mark Neudorfer, Scott Ahlf, David Vick, and Judy
Meredith. next week, high lakes but in case of severe weather local
birding, maybe relocate a Blue Jay and go up Skyliner or something. Stay
tuned. Good birding, Judy Meredith, <jmeredit...>
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!