Date: 11/8/17 3:42 pm
From: Eric Hough <thebirdwhisperer22...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Tonto Creek: Red-breasted Sapsucker
After birding the Tonto Creek Hatchery (see previous post below), I went down to the two pullouts with a sign saying “no camping within 400 yards of creek” (sign visible when going up to hatchery; this is on the right side after the curvy stretch past the cabins). From the second pullout I hiked the trail down to the creek and immediately saw one AMERICAN DIPPER. Hiking downstream along the trail to the large falls, I continued downstream from the falls and found one calling PACIFIC WREN and several GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS. Later on at another pullout just downstream from the powerline clearing I saw a BAND-TAILED PIGEON fly over.

Good birding,

Eric Hough
Wickenburg, AZ

Sent from my iPhone