Date: 11/8/17 3:22 pm
From: James Pike <jimpike444...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] swamp
Today at Huntington Central Park, a Sora and Least Bittern were calling
from cattails bordering the library pond, and a female Yellow Warbler was
at the north end of the pond. To the NE of the fenced garden at the tip of
West Point (the name according to Loren), I prepared to pish for a
potential Swamp Sparrow when one suddenly popped onto a nearby bulrush. It
then flew off, and when I attempted to lure it back with pishing, it paid
no attention whatsoever.

Other recent birds include an adult "Aleutian" Cackling Goose at Greer Park
(11/2), two Reddish Egrets (one a juvenile) between Adams and Hamilton in
the SA River (11/4), and a juvenile Snow Goose at Centennial Park (11/7).

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/140329376@N06/

Jim Pike
HB

Join us on Facebook!