Date: 11/8/17 3:04 pm
From: Ted Cable <tcable...>
Subject: Rusty Blackbirds and other Tuttle birds
I had my students out on the Eagle Pass Trail in Tuttle Creek State Park today and we saw two flocks of Rusty Blackbirds. One flock had at least 50 birds and the other had about 25 birds. I think these 75 or so Rusty Blackbirds are the most I have ever seen around Manhattan. Several students got nice photos with just their phone cameras. Other interesting birds were a Pileated Woodpecker, Red-shouldered Hawk, and a lingering Osprey. At the tubes there were still two Franklin's Gulls and a Bonaparte's Gull. - Ted

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

Join us on Facebook!