Date: 11/8/17 1:22 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Sweetwater Wetlands, Nov 8, 2017, Arthur Pack 11/7
It was a surprising morning at Sweetwater, as several surprises popped up. First by the parking lot, was a gray upper and white lower bird with an eye ring around a black eye. After reviewing all my guides, I came across a photo of a pale SW Yellow Warbler.
A male Red-naped Sapsucker was working bark pits in a tree just across the stream, joined by an Anna’s Hummingbird which went after some of the oozing sap.
West of the Ramada along the roaw of Cottonwoods and mesquites, I saw another Sapsucker. As I watched the cottonwoods got active with kinglets and warblers. In short order I saw Orange-crowned, Yellow-rumped, BLACK AND WHITE, and a WILSON’S. The Black and White had been a Sweetwater/Tucson nemesis… no more. Continuing to the SW side and the row of Cottonwoods there, a nice flock of sparrows was there with Lincoln’s, White-crowned, Chipping and Song, and more warblers. This is where I located the TENNESSEE, getting to watch it for several minutes. A couple average photos are on my eBird report.
Never ran into the Audubon group.

Yesterday at Arthur Pack Park, The Osprey returned for my 4th sighting of this bird in two weeks.
A female/immatureRing-necked Duck required scoping to see a faint white band on the bill, ruling out Scaup. 7 Buffleheads also were present.

John R Williams