Date: 11/8/17 1:00 pm
From: Eric Hough <thebirdwhisperer22...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Tonto Creek: Red-breasted Sapsucker
Nov. 8, 2017
A little while ago I found an apparent ‘southern’ (daggetti) type RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER at Tonto Creek Fish Hatchery near Kohl’s Ranch (Gila Co.), first at the parking lot and later flying up along the trees bordering the hatchery runs and residences. I was able to get some photos and it seemed to be pure or mostly pure (minimal Red-naped genes if any). Also present is a PACIFIC WREN, several RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES, and a ‘SLATE-COLORED’ FOX SPARROW.

Good birding,

Eric Hough
Wickenburg, AZ

Sent from my iPhone