Date: 11/8/17 12:55 pm
From: Jim Mason <jim...>
Subject: way lost, way tired bird
A guy came in today who had just come back from sailing in the south
Atlantic. He had a photo of a gallinaceous bird of some sort that had landed
on his rigging "about 700 miles west of Angola". Pretty much smack in the
middle of the ocean. Best I can figure is a juvenile Purple Gallinule.
Anyone know if they migrate back and forth from South America to Africa, or
was this just an extremely off course bird? I can send a photo to anyone
interested, or see my Kansas Birds FBook post.

Jim Mason, Director

<mailto:<Jim...> <Jim...>

Great Plains Nature Center

6232 E. 29th Street North