Date: 11/8/17 12:48 pm
From: Ryan Maclean via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Short Eared Owl + Record Red Shoulder Day at Quaker Ridge!
After setting a record day for Red Shouldered Hawks at Audubon Greenwich on Saturday we've done so yet again today. 275 were counted today, which breaks Cape May's record day of 263 giving us a likely Northeastern autumn record high for the species.

The icing on the cake was Quaker Ridge's first SHORT-EARED OWL in atleast 10 or 20 years seen migrating high overhead at 3:16 pm by myself, Tom Burke, Gail Benson and Joe Zeranski.

We still have 3 weeks to go in the season so hopefully more hawks are coming!
-Ryan MacLean
Audubon Greenwich

Sent from my iPhone