Date: 11/8/17 12:38 pm
From: Herbert Larner via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Tundra Swans McCune Pond in FIshersville

Hello all

A little while ago I saw on our shenval list serv that there were Tundra Swans flying over McCune's Pond . I went to check it out & sure enough there are 62 Tundra's resting & feeding on this pond . After that I checked out Bells Lane & there are at least 16 + Tundra's there & on a private Lake up in the Mint Springs area there were another 16 Tundra's . Allen Wolf reports that at least 60 Tundra's flew over his house in Crimora . Thanks to Calvin Jordan in the alert of this bird & when he put out the alert he stated that 25 Tundra flew off So far that makes for 179 Tundra Swan in Augusta County today . .

Also on the private pond there were 2 White - winged Scoter , 5 Red - breasted Merganser , 2 Horned Grebe plus all of the waterfowl that was there yesterday .

Allen Larner
Staunton