Date: 11/8/17 12:11 pm
From: Thor Manson <thormanson...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Santa Gertrudis Lane

________________________________
From: Thor Manson <thormanson...>
Sent: November 8, 2017 12:04 PM
To: <aznmbirds...>
Subject: Santa Gertrudis Lane

Hi birders: Made a quick trip down to Santa Gertrudis Lane this morning really to try to get a better pic of one of the Rufous backed Robins than I got last week. A fairly large group of birders were gathered at the current spot; ( by house marker no. 12 ), looking up into the Pyracantha Bushes opposite. The birds were in there off and on, and gave everything to partially obscured views to, ( rarely ), full on views. The best chances of good views probably remain when the birds exit the Pyracantha bushes and head East towards the Santa Cruz River. Sometimes one, or both of the birds will land in a more open tree in transit. At one point this morning one of the robins actually came up to the top of one Pyracantha bushes to grab some berries and was fully exposed. I wonder whether, as the berries in the back of the bushe are consumed, this will happen more frequently. I also suppose they could just move to an adjacent bush and continue to feed in the deeper recesses which, at this location, they seem to prefer?

All good fun. Cheers, Thor

Thor Manson

Green Valley.