Date: 11/8/17 12:09 pm
From: Andrew Core <tucsonrba...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] se AZ: Tucson roundup - Tennessee Warbler etc.
From the Tucson Audubon Society's RBA (520-629-0510 X 3 or rarebirdalert AT
tucsonaudubon.org):

Sweetwater Wetlands
John Williams called to report the continuing Tennessee Warbler in the
southwest corner of Sweetwater Wetlands today (9:30-11am on 11/8), and a
very late Lucy's Warbler near the parking lot. Also present were a
Black-and-white Warbler and a Wilson's Warbler along the north path.

Brian Walsh and I saw three Inca Doves and a locally uncommon male Costa's
Hummingbird in the west end, an American Bittern at the Gazebo Pond (and
then later hunting frogs in the southeast corner), the Fox Sparrow along
the concrete loop, and a female Northern Cardinal (locally rare) on the
east edge.

Others reported a Summer Tanager and three flyby Eastern Meadowlarks.
Surprisingly few ducks - no wigeon or gadwall for me today, and only a few
shovelers and one teal.

Columbus Park
Afterward I went across the river to Columbus Park where I missed the Snow
Goose but found 5 Red Crossbills cracking pine cones near the model
airplane fields.

Reid Park
John Higgins reports the continuing Red-breasted Merganser at Reid Park
today as well.

thanks John W and John H!

Andrew Core
SEAZ RBA Compiler - Tucson, AZ