Date: 11/8/17 12:09 pm
From: Robin Baxter <baxterrobin...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Patagonia Red-breasted Sapsucker
I found a RBS this morning, 11/8, on Blue Haven Road .2 mile past the cattle guard at the end of the TAS Paton property. This is my third sighting of this bird in the last few weeks. As far as I can see it is not a hybrid with a Red-naped Sapsucker, but I suppose that possibility exists. I couldn't see any black in the breast area and it seems consistent with a male southern, "daggetti", race. I don't have a camera capable of high quality photos so no help there. I watched it today for most of an hour. There are plenty of Red-naped Sapsuckers around as well. Maybe it will winter in the area.