Date: 11/8/17 11:30 am
From: Jeff Cox <jeffacox54...>
Subject: Re: Birding with eyeglasses
I have worn the latest version of Transitions lenses for the past couple of
years. I like them a lot, but there is a problem if I am going back and
forth from sun to shade, for example, walking down a trail that alternates
between trees and no trees. The lenses don't darken or lighten quickly
enough for my satisfaction - especially going from sun to shade, the lenses
stay dark too long for my taste (especially if I run across birds right
after I move into the shade). In those cases, I put on my spare glasses,
without Transitions and hence, no darkening at all.

I might add that when being a tourist and going in and out of museums or
other attractions, the Transitions lenses are wonderful, since I'm not so
worried about the speed of lightening, and it's nice to not have to always
be switching sunglasses on and off.

Jeff Cox
Tulsa, OK
918-629-2140

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Fred Bartel <fbartel70...> wrote:

> I have worn transition lenses for 30+ years, and they have never been an
> issue while birding. Everything observed with them is effected equally so
> contrasts in color appear natural.
>
> On Nov 8, 2017 11:54 AM, "Dick Burkepile" <dicklburk...> wrote:
>
> > Hello, Fellow birders,
> >
> > My wife just had an eye check and is going to have to buy new glasses..
> > For the first time she will be birding while wearing glasses. I've
> > suggested that she get glasses with Transitions (that darken in bright
> > sunlight). She is concerned that the darkening will make it hard to
> > identify the birds. I've never had a problem, but then I'm not nearly as
> > good a birder as she. I usually can't ID the bird regardless of the
> light.
> >
> > Does anyone have experience birding with the Transition lenses that they
> > would like to share?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Dick Burkepile
> > Oxford, Mississippi (grew up in Hoxie, Kansas)
> >
> > For KSBIRD-L archives or to change your subscription options, go to
> > https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
> > For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
> > http://www.ksbirds.org/KSBIRD-LGuidelines.htm
> > To contact a listowner, send a message to
> > mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

> For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
> mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html