Date: 11/8/17 8:19 am
From: <hersheyj...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Vischer Ferry Dabbling Ducks
I went to Vischer Ferry Preserve this morning where I ran into Liz C. We walked the towpath west of the Whipple Bridge for the length of the west pond. Although lacking a scope, we saw an excellent variety of dabbling ducks. Besides the usual Mallards, a few American Black Ducks, and Canada Geese we had with estimates the following: Wood Duck (4), American Wigeon (13), Northern Pintail (21), Northern Shoveler (18), Green-winged Teal (100?), Gadwall (1). About the only thing missing was Blue-winged Teal and Eurasian Wigeon. Also, no diving ducks or grebes. Also, 3 Yellow-rumped Warblers, at least one Eastern Bluebird, 4 House Finches, and a Pileated Woodpecker were highlights. Liz had 3 lifebirds.

John H.

Join us on Facebook!